Monday, May 20, 2013

Power of Music Mondays: “Into The Mystic”





Power of Music Mondays
by Allison W. Gryphon

“Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic.”

Cancer is hard. Treatment is harder. Being sliced into, doused with the chemicals from chemotherapy, burned through and through with radiation and stripped of my being down to the core, both physically and emotionally, brought me to a level of life I never knew existed. All that remained was the true me.

I have never been so aware of my soul.

There was nothing scarier than the journey that got me there and no words to describe the bliss of arriving in that state of life in its purest form. Total freedom.

In this song, one that has rocked my gypsy soul for as long as I can remember, I found comfort and release throughout my cancer battle, in knowing that I finally understood what it was to step into the mystic.




Click Here to purchase “Into the Mystic” from the album Moondance on iTunes.



Click Here to visit Van Morrison’s official website.







"Into The Mystic"

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And magnificently we will flow into the mystic

When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will flow into the mystic
Come on girl...

Too late to stop now...





About Power of Music Mondays

I received many gifts while I was going through my cancer fight. They were all amazing and helpful. What stands out to me more than anything is music. The songs and playlists I was sent became a huge part of my treatment. It’s the one thing you can always have close by. It can turn you around and slip itself around your soul to make everything ok, if even just for a moment. Looking back, I'm not sure how I would have done without it. ~Allison 

The Power of Music is extraordinary. The right song can inspire, empower, comfort and redirect anyone. Cancer fighters and their families are no exception. 

Every Monday, The Why?Foundation will celebrate a song and an artist that has given us a musical gift.

If you have a song that has helped you or someone you know fight the fight, we want to hear about it. Please send an email to info@thewhyfoundation.org with your story and your song.

No comments:

Post a Comment